Allison Quick Success Story
This weeks client success story is about a new comer named Allison.
Allison sought me out because she was sick of feeling heavy, tired, and bloated. Allison knows what to do, when she had a training partner she got into really good shape and was eating really well. However, once her friend stopped, Allison ended up stopping too.
It is hard to stay motivated by yourself when no one is keeping you accountable. Allison recognized this fact and sought me out. After learning about her past and accessing her movements I recommended she see me once a week. I would also create other workouts for her to do on her own and I would also monitor those workouts and her calorie intake via the Just You Fitness App….Accountability.
As result of Allison’s hard work she has already lose 3.9 lbs and more importantly lost over a percent of body fat. Plus, Allison says she feels soooo much better and isn’t tired all day.
Super proud of Allison!
Side note, this past weekend I played football (flag 😉 for the first time since I played in college. I honestly can’t believe how much fun I had. So often in our busy lives we stop doing what we love and instead replace those once active fun activities with sitting and watching TV.
Plus, I made like 15 new friends and I got invited to be put on “list” lol. Yep, they take it pretty seriously…not really ;-).
How about you? What can you start doing to be more active? What was something you used to do or what was something that you want to try?
Remember the challenge from Monday? The 5 second rule? 5-4-3-2-1 go ;-).
PS – Easy, healthy meals from Just 4 You Meals closes tonight at midnight. Don’t leave your diet to chance. Click the link or go to :www.just4youmeals.com
PSS – Yummy Mini Turkey Meatballs Recipe :-).
(make the night before)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- Juice and zest of ½ medium orange
- Juice and zest of ½ medium lemon
- Juice and zest of ½ medium lime
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for sautéing
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. ground red lentils
- 25 small skewers or picks, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey with the juice and zest of the orange, lemon, and lime. Add all herbs and olive oil. Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper, and stir well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, take bowl out of the refrigerator, and allow turkey it come to room temperature.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl with the turkey, add red lentils, and mix until fully combined.
- Using your hands, make 25 golf-ball sized meatballs!
- Heat a large sauté pan over high heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil, and sauté the meatballs for 4 minutes per side, until crisp and golden.